I've been tagged by Krystal to list a few little known facts about myself. Since it's apparently ok to change the number of facts to one's favorite number, I only have to list three. Three has been my favorite number since the ninth grade. I don't remember why-I think it had something to do with running track. Here you have them.1. My life memories are organized in my brain according to what literary character (or entertainment icon, in some cases) I was obssessed with at the time. Some of them overlap a bit, and involved smaller simultaneous obssessions, but there are five major phases. They are:
Age 3 to 4: Annie (I certainly had the songs down, and the hair--without even trying)
Age 4 to 7: Alice in Wonderland
Age 7 to 11: Pippi Longstocking (ask me about the braids, Elmer's glue and the attempt at climbing the dining room wall)
Age 11 to 24: Clifford (NOT the big red dog. Rather, a 40-something Martin Short dressed as a dinosaur obssessed and blazer, shorts, and loafer clad 10 year old--brilliant comedy, if you ask me.)
Age 24 to present: Dwight K. Schrute. Do I need to add anything to that?
Other noteworthy, more minor obssessions: Chris O'Donnell and Prefontaine, both circa adolescence.
2. Like Kendy, I'm a maniacal ebay enthusiast, for one reason: books. It is an amazing and economical source of used books, and I happen to love really old books. Also, it's a great classroom resource, so...tax deductible.
3. I've not much of a history when it comes to weird OCD behaviors, but lately (and by lately I mean the past three years) I've found myself routinely counting people's toes when they have on open toed shoes. I have absolutely no idea why. Maybe I'm just making sure everyone's ok and has all the toes they need--maybe I'm expecting someone to eventually turn up with an even number of toes. Regardless, it's weird. I do it almost unconsciously.
Alrighty...I tag...hmmm...mere, lt, msk(s), and stik.
3 comments:
girl i am all over annie and pippy! those were my icons too at the time! hope all is well i added you to our blog
i am glad you did this!!!! i knew yours would be funny and great!!!! the snow you all got looks amazing! i want to call you soon and catch up. anytime better than others? miss you friend!
Uh, Claire...Remember when you tried to convince me that you WERE the actress in the Pippi movies?
re: OCD....what about the worms in all your pockets, clothes, car, etc?
Post a Comment