"Though the fig tree should not blossom
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
He makes my feet like the deer's
He makes me tread on my high places."
-- Habakkuk 3:17-19
I write this here more for me to read than any of you because if I'm going to make it through the rest of the week physically, mentally, emotionally...then I must grab the hope in these words.
I certainly don't see it around me. I love the imagery of the bible. Is it ok that I think some of it is hilarious? Fig blossoms and herds in the stalls? Well, my fig tree is wilted and the herds have long left the stalls. In fact, I think they're trampling me in the form of vicious 8th graders.
So, if you think about it today, say a prayer that the ones I spend my days with will know and hold to the hope that is there for them, though they do not see it.
1 comment:
"i am glad you are my friend" - Mrs. K.
Post a Comment