Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Could you repeat that please??!!

Okay, Laura won't post this on her blog because it's too risky, so I will post it on mine. Below you will find a comment one of her students made to her yesterday, and quite frankly, it's made my week. Thought you all should read this. Also, I'm including some top conversations/comments from my year thus far (only four weeks and one day left!) Yes, all dialogs below are true stories. After hearing most of these comments, I had to ask to hear them again. They are that good.

Enjoy.

1. Student to Laura: "Mi T, I didn't know BREAFAS HAS A SILENT K!!!"

2. Male student to me: "Can I go use it?"
Me: "No."
Male student: "But I'm in a tiiiight!"
Me: "I'm sorry about that. You can't leave the room. Sit down."
Male student: "I GOTTA UUUUUUSSSSSSSSEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!"
Me: "You are not leaving this classroom. Conversation over."
Male student: "BUT MY WATER GONE BREAK!!!!"

3. Student: "You know how you capitalize Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.....?"
Me: "Yes?"
Student: "Well, do you capitalize the weekends?"

4. Student, referring to the sunglasses I had on when I got out of my car one morning: "I saw you this morning wearin yo hater blockers!!"

5. Student outburst in the middle of class: "Do you have a boyfriend or did you put him in a box to the left?"

6. Me: "Do any of you know what started WWI?"
Student: "When they knocked down the twin towers."

7. Student, after I refused to do the "walk it out" in class: "Yo daddy ELVIS and you won't dance for us?! He would be ASHAMED of you."
*Note: several of them really do think Elvis is my father.

And last but MOST CERTAINLY not least...

8. "You make me feel like the breeze, easy and lovely." -note intercepted in class

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

claire! ahhh!!! :)

Tricia said...

I'm totally going to start using that lingo. From this point on, I'm definitely referring to sunglasses as "Hater Blockers" and dumping a boy to "putting him in a box to the left." That is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

so you're one of those teachers that won't let her kids go use the bathroom, huh? i HATED those teachers. if i gotta go, i gotta go - especially since my water did break when i was in the third grade.

LWolfe said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! i cannot wait to begin shaping little minds!