614 Greensboro Street, December 2005I sat at the kitchen table and thought,
"It's good to be alive!"
In strolls Laura Beth, with her sparkling winter's tan
"Seth and I are dating," said she, a can of Pimp Juice in her hand.
"Oh my!" was my reply, "Do tell me how this transpired!"
LB pulled up a chair and tossed her hair and said with a twinkle in her eye...
"Over coffee at LJ's and nights at Crusade,
this mere seedling of like
grew to a love fern gloriously displayed."
Days and weeks passed, and with my own eyes I did see
this love fern of splendor
grow into a tall, sturdy Oak Tree.
LB fled to Brussels, and I moved to the Ham
While poor, poor Seth
Journeyed off to the Rebels' heartland
As we parted ways, I must admit
My heart worried about this Oak Tree,
and just what would come of it.
More days and weeks passed, and the Oak Tree grew and grew,
Laura Beth came home, and Seth yelped, "I love you!"
So now here we are
On this April spring day,
LB with a ring on her hand
and a wedding to plan,
and Seth crying, "Yippeeyo Yippeeyay!"
And lest I forget to say...
That these words he spoke (without hesitation,)
"Oh the day that we marry,
there shall be palm trees asway!"
Congrats to them both, for I love them so,
To my heart they are both so dear
On their wedding day, I think I may
Shed one solitary tear
1 comment:
aww...LB is getting married. cute little couple they are.
i want you to write me a poem.
Post a Comment