Tuesday, April 3, 2007

"Hey White Chocolate, let me teach you how to C-walk!"

I've just walked in the door from school, and all I can do right now is sit here and stare at the wall. Well, and blog. Today kicked off state testing, and I thought it would be relatively tame after yesterday's three fights within a 20 minute time span. WRONG. Manhandling 12 year olds all day is one thing, but being shoved and told to "get up out my face, I'm not playin witchyou," is quite another. Not surprisingly, we have a conference tomorrow with this student, the parent, our assistant principal, and four other teachers.


But alas. This blog is not about teaching. It is about matters far more serious, like C-walking. See picture above. This, a semi-typical day in my classroom, may give you a small peek into my world. After a heartbreak of a day like today, I usually need to take a few minutes to get re-centered (is that even a word?) and wonder over these fascinating personalities that have made their way into both my nerves and my heart.
So, I'm posting a couple of my favorite pictures I've taken this year...is this a legal hazard? If so, someone please tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, There's no tired like school-teaching tired. Summer's on its way.

Unknown said...

i love this.

you are da bomb, fo sho'